Sunday, May 29, 2011

Age, Maturity, and "moving on"

Things are going well for me right now. I have a job, a place to live...I'm overworked and underpaid, considering that I'm a college-educated woman, but I do hope that I can hang in there until this economic crisis has passed.
But I have constant worries. I worry that I might never have children again. I worry that if I do, I might forget Rose in some way.
And lately, I've been having wonderful memories of her...but they are also filled with pain because all I want to be is her mom. She'd probably be saying "mama" and "dada" by now if she was still with us.
I know that i can't bring my baby girl back.
So how do I "move on"? is it even possible?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emily,

    Moving on does not mean leaving Rose behind, I think. You will take her with her in your heart wherever you go in your life.
    Do not worry you will forget her: the two of you have a unique bond and nothing can come between that.
    You are still her mom and always will be.

    The best thing to do for yourself now is to find people you can talk to about how you feel. The pain will not go away then but it will, over time, become less raw.

    ReplyDelete